As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Half Marathon Momma

Last weekend I ran a little half marathon in Ashland, VA which is 13.1 miles.  It was a rainy, wet run but I enjoyed running the route.  As most of you know, I am training for a marathon.  That is 26.2 miles (yes, that is all in one day).  I am on the marathon training team in Richmond and at this point I am more than half way through my training.  I feel very lucky to be injury free thus far and hope I can cross the finish line on November 10, 2012.  I am enjoying my journey to 26.2!  My biggest inspiration to complete this race is my family, my grandmother in paticular.  Mentally I know I can do it, lets see how my body handles the last 10 weeks of training.
Finishing a training run with Jen & Jen
We make running fun!
Jen and I rockin' out a little 7 mile run

Kristen and I after a rainy half  marathon

Congratulations Kirsten Schaefer on finishing the Patrick Henry Half Marathon on August 25, 2012.

For your records, the weather at start time was rain, 69 degrees F, calm wind.  Your time was 2:11:01.64 giving you an overall pace of 10:00 per mile.

No comments: