As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Kindergarten Here We Come

Ready or not, its time for Sophia to register for Kindergarten.  It was bittersweet to sign up my baby to go off to elementary school.  Its the end of an era for all of us.  I will be back to work full time and both of my girls will be in school all day.  I have treasured my time with them to the fullest.  On the day of Kindergarten registration Sophia was not excited, rather was feeling scared and shy.  She asked to bring her blankie for comfort.  Lots of other kids did the same.  Once we arrived they had paperwork for the parents and coloring for the kids.  Sophia did not want anyone to notice her so she put her blankie over the head.  Eventually she warmed up and asked for a photo (to send to Daddy).  A week later someone asked Sophia if she was ready for kindergarten and her response was "I guess, my mom signed me up!"




Sophia made another trip to school for an assessment test.  Again, she was very shy and this time clung to me for dear life.  She was so scared to leave me and be in the office with a teacher.  15 minutes later she came running out to me and jumped in my lap and hid her head in my neck. She warmed up once we left the building and was excited to show me the book the teacher gave her.
Sophia enjoyed getting a book after Kinder assessment
Most recently, Sophia attended Kindergarten orientation.  She met the kindergarten teachers and had some time in the library. Her favorite part was being able to sit on the big girl school bus!
Checking out the big bus
Sophia was excited to see friends at her new school

No comments: