As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Thankful Marathon Momma

I am thankful that despite injury I was able to toe the start line of the Richmond marathon.  I had taken an abrupt taper or a 3 week break from running before the marathon due to a pesky case of plantar fasciitis.  I went into the race just thankful to be there.  I ran my marathon for those who were injured an unable to run. Things went great the first 10 miles then one foot started whimpering at me.  By mile 16 my feet were barking at me and I started thinking to myself that I could totally walk this race and still finish.  Thank goodness my friend Stern showed up around mile 21 to shuffle it in!  We finished seconds apart and it was a wonderful experience to look back at my friend as she toed the finish line.  I went into marathon training to set a PR but walked out thankful for the life experience. Thankful for my health, family, friends  MTT team and coaches.  
The night before the marathon
Pre-race jitters shared with great friends
A special moment with Stern right after crossing the finish
Will and the girls were the best support crew I could wish for!  They met me 3 times along the course and cheered me on.  Not only did they support me during my 26.2 mile race but also for the past 6 months as I racked up the miles.  Knowing that my family was around the corner during the race kept me motivated.  The fresh orange slices and kisses at mile 21 were like a slice of heaven on a platter.  Seeing my family as I crossed the finish line made my heart soar.  I am one lucky marathon Momma, thanks to the support of my dear family.
My awesome support crew!
Bunny Feet by the fire...the perfect end to my marathon day
Isabella's portrait of me!
A book Isabella made at school
Melts my heart!  

No comments: