As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Sewing 101

As you all know, I love arts and crafts time.  I am excited to share my knowledge with my daughters and took a chance that Isabella was ready to learn how to sew (with my assistance).  
For Isabella's first project we made a Christmas Cloth Book.  Isabella learned how to pin the project, feed the fabric through the machine and also to use the foot pedal.  The hardest part to  teach was the machine speed which is based on the pressure from the foot pedal.  Overall, it was a good project that made for a fun mommy-daughter afternoon!
  Welcome to the world of sewing Isabella!
Carefully using the pins
Learning about the machine
Sisters sitting at the Singer

No comments: