As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

10K

Along with 40,000 other people I participated in the Ukrops 10K.  I set my sights on a goal of running the 6.2 mile race in under and hour which was a time I had yet to achieve on my training runs.  However, I had confidence that I could rock it and achieve a PR (personal record).  I am proud to report that I crushed my goal and ran the race in 56:59!  Considering a year ago I was running an 11:30 minute mile...this is a huge accomplishment for me.  I feel very thankful to have my health, endurance and a great group of ladies to run with me.
Getting love from my girls before "Mommy goes running".
 

Sole Sisters

The SS Crew
"The perfect run:  The wind at your back, the sun in front of you, and friends by your side."

No comments: