As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Scouts in Action

June was the end of scouts for the school year.  Isabella's troop went to Dave and Busters for cookie rewards.  The girls enjoyed playing games, though the choices for ticket rewards at the end were hard for some girls.  Isabella made me very proud when she told a daisy in our troop "Congratulations on winning 1000 tickets.  I am proud of you!"  Once in the car, Isabella admitted that she would have liked to win that amount also but that she was happy for her friend. Isabella was proud of her friends winnings yet I was proud of Isabella's kind heart!
Dave and Busters end of year party!
Isabella was thrilled to get 66 tickets at one game!
Isabella requested a photo with this prop.  Love the expression!
Our bridging ceremony was the first weekend in June.  Isabella and our troop would be bridging to Brownies. Since I will now be leading a troop for Sophia we added the siblings of scouts into the ceremony.  Sophia was excited to finally be a Daisy.  It was sweet that Isabella could bridge her little sister into scouts.  I also enjoyed bridging Isabella in Brownies.  Unfortunately, Sophia took a fall going up to the bridge and was upset, especially with the audience watching. So after the crowd had left the girls re-enacted the ceremony for photos.  We all learned the great lesson, its not falling down that people remember but getting up and moving on.
Starting the bridging ceremony with siblings
Sophia fell on the way to the bridge and needed love.
Isabella welcomed to Sophia to Daisy Scouts.
"Twist me, turn me show me the elf.  I look in the water and saw myself"
Part of our Brownie troop after bridging
Congrats to our New Daisy and New Brownie Scouts.
The Schaefer Scouts!
Re-enacting the bridging ceremony 
We are proud of our little Scouts!

No comments: