As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Marine Corps and Memorial Day

Marine Corps Half Marathon
Another 13.1 race in the books.  On the eve of the race I realized that I might not be getting enough sleep or have trained the best but I was darn lucky to get out there and run a half marathon.  I dedicated my run to all those who can't run now.  The military support  was wonderful.  The race started with a cannon shot.  My favorite part of the race was the mile of flags for fallen soldiers.
Waiting for the race to start
A mile of Flags and photos for fallen soldiers
A big smile finish at the steamy hot half marathon

Memorial Day
We enjoyed a nice low key memorial weekend at home.  We are thankful for all those that serve or have served our country.  The girls and I went on a run and found 65 flags in our neighborhood.  God Bless America! We also enjoyed some time at the pool.  Three day weekends are great!
A run in our hood with the girls
We and our shadows
Spotting lots of flags in our neighborhood!
Sophia warming up by the pool
Isabella cooling off on the high dive

No comments: