As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kids fun run

Isabella ran her first official race this past Saturday   It was a one mile kids fun run which was part of the big Monument Avenue 10K. Before the run I mentioned to Isabella that she had one rule for the race and it was to HAVE FUN!   Based on our previous training runs, Isabella averaged a 19 minute pace for one mile.  Well, on race day she ran one mile in 12:45!  Way to go Isabella!!!  My favorite part of the run was holding hands with Isabella while we ran.  At one point she wanted to stop and sit on the curb, but I showed Isabella  that the finish line was in sight and she sprinted to the finish.  That's my girl!

Walking to the Cathedral for a blessing of the runners
In the chute waiting for the race to start!
Isabella just crossed the finish line and received her medal!!!!!!
I am proud of my little runner Isabella


No comments: