As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grinchmas

Last week the girls and I went back up to Maryland and visited the ICE show at the National Harbor.    The show was AMAZING!  It was a frigid 9 degrees and we were all given parkas to put over our jackets to keep warm.  They did not have one in Sophia 's size so she was bundled up in layers and eventually I put her inside of my coat to keep her warm next to me. The indoor, walk- through attraction featured Dr. Seuss "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  My favorite part was an actual ice slide we were able to ride.  It was super neat!  The exhibit was interactive and at one point I looked over and saw Isabella licking the ice sculpture...uh-oh!  It was not meant to be that interactive but to the mind of a 2 year old it seemed like the thing to do.  I was amazed at the work of the artisans for a temporary exhibit.  It was really neat!

The gang at the beginning of the show

Brr, its 9 degrees Fahrenheit

Inside an igloo!

Yup, that's ICE.  Pretty amazing, huh?
Sophia is trying to keep warm under the pile of pink fluff
My girls and I defrosting after Grinchmas

No comments: