As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy

This year my birthday was extra special since Isabella was able to sing happy birthday to me!  Of coarse she put her own little twist on the song and it went like this " Happy Birthday to you (repeated about 10 times) and Happy Birthday to Mommy and Daddy, Happy Birthday to you!"  It was cute she included her Daddy in the song.

To start of my birthday weekend I ran 8.5 with the half marathon training team.  It was a good run with 2 brutal hills and I felt great until I wiped out on an uneven sidewalk at mile 8.  But that one little fall taught me a lot about myself.  I got up when I was down and kept going.  I finished strong despite my fall.  Years from now I will not remember the pain of the fall but I will remember how proud I was to finish such a long run!
Thankfully my friend Kelly had a 1st aid kit and helped me get cleaned up.  When I got home Isabella saw my hands and then went upstairs to get dressed.   Then she came back down with socks on her hands to be like Mommy. Later that day Isabella told me that my "Boo Boos were scary".
Later that daty, we enjoyed the beautiful weather outside and the girls had fun coloring their cardboard box...I mean house.
Sophia really enjoyed the chalk.  She colored for while then decided to drop the chalk out the window.
Isabella joined in on the fun too!
Sophia thought the blue chalk tasted good.
Sunday was my actual birthday and it was a nice low key day spent with my family.  Will made me one of my favorite dinners (crab cakes) which was delicious!  Having my family is the best gift of all.

No comments: