As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Friday, November 21, 2014

We Are Marshall

The last weekend in October I ran a marathon at Marshall University in West Virginia.  Now some of you might not know how many miles are in a marathon?  People assume a half marathon is the same....nope that is only 13.1 miles.  A marathon is 26.2 miles, if all goes right.  Well would you believe that 3 running coaches got lost....we made the wrong turn somewhere around mile 17 and added half a mile onto our race...so my marathon was 26.83 miles.    The start of the race was bitter cold.  Miles 1-5 were cold.  Miles 6-15 easy, relaxed and in the flow.  Things started to get tough physically after we had to back track from getting off course.  Eventually, my calf had a charlie horse which challenged me to finish.  As I approached the finish line with a football in one arm, the elation that I felt was beyond words.   I am thankful to run.

Three running coaches giving thumbs up at Marshall expo!




Marathon Finishers

This past weekend I ran the Richmond Marathon as a coach.  I logged 23 miles on the books and met Bart Yasso~  The opportunity to be a marathon coach was amazing.  I shed a few tears seeing runners on my team cross the finish line.  It was a very long day for the coaches on the course but absolutely worth it to help others achieve their goal to complete the marathon.  



No comments: