As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas- Maryland Style

Christmas afternoon we headed north to visit family and celebrated Christmas with Wills family.  Isabella & Sophia enjoyed playing with their extended family at Uncle Mike's house.  They even had dinner at the kids table.  After a lovely dinner, we headed to The Schaefers for more celebrating.  The girls were in the swing opening gifts and enjoyed tearing off all the paper.  They were a bit tired and at one point Isabella climbed on the couch behind Sean "to rest".  The girls bonded with their new uncle Sean and opened wanted to open their gifts with him.  They also really liked the Santa on display!
The kids table on Christmas

Sophia opens presents with Aunt M & Uncle S

They girls liked Santa on display

Sleepy Bella & Uncle Sean

Poppy reading a book to Sophia
The following day, the girls and I went to visit my family.  We stayed at my grandparents which brought back many wonderful memories of when I was a child.  It has been about 20 years since I have stayed there but it seemed like only yesterday.  It was cute to see the girls ride a toy that I played with as a child.  The girls enjoyed spending time at my grandmothers.   

Having fun in Grams bed

Opening more presents!

Isabella loved her nail polish from Grammie

She also loved Grams backyard

My sister Gillian & I

Aunt Gillian & Sophia

Gram & Grammie are entertained by the girls


Isabella loves her Fancy Nancy doll from Grammie
On the 27th, my grandmother hosted a small family gathering.  I loved seeing my extended family and the girls had a blast playing with their cousins.  The kids all performed on the "stage" which made for cute entertainment.  My cousin Carrie and I did that on the same stage when we were kids.  There were various acts performed. Isabella and Sophia hopped liked frogs on stage for their act.  Sophia also enjoyed a little dancing on stage with the big kids.
My cousin Carrie & I

Ready for the show to begin


Sophia warmed up for the crowd

Sophia and her cousin Kelty

The cousins take a bow

Sophia asleep in her great grandfathers arms
Our Christmas was Merry.  We hope you all had a wonderful holiday too.

No comments: