As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

13.1 Get it done!

Saturday I achieved a few personal records.  (1)  I ran a half marathon in 2:07 which was a 21 minute improvement over last year.  (2)  I ran 18 miles which is the most I have ever run in one day.  You must be wondering why I ran 18 when the race was only 13.1 miles.  Well, after my race I joined a few friends who were running the marathon thus the higher mileage.  It was an epic day despite the crazy morning.   Between Will's kidney stone/pain and me chipping a tooth I wondered how I could crank out a great race.  Somehow it happened and I am thrilled its over!  Now if Will could just pass the kidney stone that would be great!

Racing to the finish line!
Fifi is proud of Mommy's finishers medal

Isabella was happy I was home from running

Is it nap time yet?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congrats Kirs on your personal records!