As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Friday, July 1, 2011

VBS

Isabella went to vacation bible school this week and had a blast. On our way to the first day of VBS we had the following conversation:

Isabella: Mommy, are you going to leave me at school?
Me: Yes, but Mommy always comes back.
Isabella: But there might not be enough chairs for me and teacher might send me home


 I was amazed at Isabella's concept of school and anxiety over the new situation.  She has been home with me since she was 20 months old so neither of us were sure how the 1st day would go.  On that day Isabella was very hesitant to leave me but was fine after one day in VBS.  In fact, on the 2nd day of class she ran into her room and did not want to leave when I came to pick her up.  She made lots of cute crafts and really enjoyed being in a school setting. 
First Day of VBS

Last day of VBS
 Sophia enjoyed being the one and only child this week!  She "talked" more and her personality blossomed.  Here are a few photos of a play date with her friend Olivia.
Sophia having fun with Olivia

Olivia & Sophia hand in hand
Vacation Bible School was great for everyone!!

No comments: