As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

White Christmas

Christmas was magical this year. We enjoyed seeing Christmas through our daughters eyes. My favorite gifts were Sophia's sweet smiles, Isabella's big hugs and spending quality time with Will!
Christmas eve started off with a bang. Poor Isabella banged up her knees falling on the driveway.
This was the 1st time she has ever needed a band-aid. So being a good mommy I gave her special Strawberry Shortcake bandages and lots of TLC. I hoped Isabella would retain a clean bill of health though the holiday weekend.
But poor Isabella did have a clumsy weekend. She feel down an entire flight of stairs on Christmas day which near made my heart fall out. She slipped on the top step and went tumbling down. Thank my lucky stars she had only a swollen knuckle and a bruised cheek. Thus, Will and I need to get carpet for our pretty wood stairs and maybe even another baby gate. Anything to keep my family safe and healthy.

A Christmas eve tradition for me has always been reading the "Night before Christmas" on Christmas eve before bed. I am sharing the same tradition with my girls.

A holiday tradition from Will's family was taking a photo at the top of the stairs before coming down on Christmas morning.
Santa has arrived!!
Sophia's 1st Christmas



The happy family
We celebrated Christmas with Will's family the day after Christmas. Isabella and Sophia looked adorable in their Christmas dresses.
Isabella and her squirrel ornament...she loves to watch the squirrels outside.
Bell LOVED her Lion from Aunt Meredith

Merry Christmas!

Love,
The Schaefers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love all of your pictures! What a picture perfect Christmas you guys had! Big hugs to you and your family!