As much as we are watching our children to see what they do with thier lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Otitis Media - Middle Ear infection





Isabella has ANOTHER dreaded ear infection thus she will be getting tubes next Friday. It seems getting tubes is as easy as adding an new accessory to your wardrobe, but to a Mommy (me) it does come with worry. Although the decision to have them "installed" was easily made, I have fears. I don't want her to be poked and prodded with needles. Nor do I want her put to sleep with anesthesia. Despite those fears, my overall concern is for Isabella to get some relief from constant ear infections. I guess it better she is young and will not have a fear of being put to sleep but I just wish I could be by her side during the procedure. I guess Isabella is really a chip off the ol' block since I had tubes when I was little. Like mother, like daughter.

No comments: